Effective Date: December 1, 2014
Privacy Officer VHMnetwork LLC 270 Greenwich Ave Greenwich, CT 06830 Fax: [212-430-6360] Email: email@example.com
1. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
- (a) Traffic Data.- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Like most website operators, Employment Alert automatically gathers information of the sort that browsers automatically make available, including: (i) IP addresses; (ii) domain servers; (iii) types of computers accessing the Service; and (iv) types of Web browsers accessing the Service (collectively "Traffic Data"). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify You.
- Using a tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative, you can opt out of several third party ad servers? and networks? Web Cookies simultaneously. If You would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please access the following active hyperlink: http://networkadvertising.org/ managing/opt_out.asp. Please contact EmploymentAlert if you would like to know the identity of the third-party advertising companies we are currently using to serve ads.
- Employment Alert uses two types of Cookies -"first-party cookies" and "third-party cookies."
- Employment Alert uses first-party cookies on the Service, for example the Google Analytics Cookie, for the following purposes:
- to gather visitor and access information relevant to customizing the Service to your interests; and
- to store your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you use the Service.
- Employment Alert may advertise on other third party websites to You after You access the Service. We and third party marketing partners, including without limitation Google, may use first party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) to inform, optimize, and serve advertisements to You based on your use of the Service.
- Google allows users to customize cookie preferences in Google Ads Settings page. You can also learn more about how to delete or control cookies at www.aboutcookies.org.
- Employment Alert does not attempt to link information gathered using Web Cookies to Personally-Identifying Information.
- (c) Ad Serving and Web Beacons. - Non-Personally Identifiable Information
A "Web Beacon" is an object that is embedded in a web page that is usually invisible to the user and allows website operators to check whether a user has viewed a particular web page. Employment Alert e may use Web Beacons to count users who have visited particular pages and to deliver co-branded services. Web Beacons are not used to access users? Personally Identifying Information; they are a technique Employment Alert may use to compile aggregated statistics about online usage. Web Beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. You may not decline Web Beacons, however, they can be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
- Employment Alert uses third-parties for advertising through the Service and analytics of Employment Alert users. These third-parties may place cookies on Your computer, use Web Beacons, and gather IP addresses and log data to collect traffic and activity data in order to deliver relevant metrics, content, and advertising.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit our website or application. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites or applications in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Please keep in mind that your browser settings may not permit you to control the technologies utilized by these third-party companies. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://parrable.com and search for information concerning the NAI opt-out tool.
- (d) Personally Identifiable Information.
In order for You to use certain features of the Service, You will be asked to provide Employment Alert certain Personally Identifiable Information. The Personally Identifiable Information that Employment Alert collects includes: (1) "Contact Data" (such as Your name, telephone phone number, mailing address and e-mail address); (2) "Demographic Data" (such as Your gender and zip code); and (3) "Third-Party Social Media Account Data" (such as Your account information for third-party social media accounts when you access the Services in connection to those accounts). In each case, You will be asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information; the Service will not gather it surreptitiously. EmploymentAlert does not request or collect sensitive financial or sensitive information such as Your credit card number, bank account information, or social security number in order to register with our Website. Employment Alert may supplement the Personally Identifiable Information You provide with additional Personally Identifiable Information gathered from public sources or from third-parties (e.g., consumer reporting agencies) who may lawfully provide such information to Employment Alert. You are under no obligation to provide Personally Identifiable Information, with the caveat that Your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Service.
- (e) Information You Make Public.
The Service may contain features (e.g.instant messages, electronic messaging, etc.) that permit You to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute content, information or other, including Your Personally Identifiable Information. Any information that You choose to disclose by means of such features becomes public information over which Employment Alert is unable to exercise control. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose Your Personally Identifiable Information by means of such features, and You agree to assume all responsibility for doing so.
- (f) Facebook and/or Twitter Authentication.
- You may, instead of logging in through Facebook Connect or Twitter, create login credentials using your name and e-mail address.
First Party Cookies
Third Party Cookies
3. INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE PRACTICES
- (a) Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies -Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Employment Alert analyzes Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies to help Employment Alert better understand who is using the Service and how they are using it. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, Employment Alert is able to better design the Service to improve Your experience, and to serve You more relevant and interesting content and advertisements. From time to time, Employment Alert may release Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Service. Employment Alert does not attempt to link information gathered using Cookies to Personally Identifiable Information.
- Employment Alert may also share it with third parties and our affiliate companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising through our Service and on websites of third parties. Employment Alert may combine Non-Personal Information collected through the Service with additional Non-Personal Information collected from other sources. Employment Alert also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, Employment Alert may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to the Service and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any Personally-Identifying Information and may be used to develop website content and services that Employment Alert hopes you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
- (b) Personally Identifiable Information.
- (i) Generally.
- (ii) Disclosure Practices.
Except under the following circumstances, Employment Alert will keep Your Personally Identifiable Information private, and will not share it with third parties.
- Disclosure to Advertisers During Registration.
- Disclosure to Marketing Partners.
Employment Alert may utilize any and all Personally Identifiable Information to help our clients better understand the demographics of our target audiences as well as to support our marketing data products and services. Employment Alert may also disclosure Personally Identifiable Information to partner firms which may include third party marketing companies, affiliates, advertising agencies, and data aggregation companies. When You elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- Disclosure to Direct Mail Partners.
Employment Alert may also provide its postal mailing list to direct mail partners.
- Disclosure in Connection with Service.
Employment Alert discloses Personally Identifiable Information to those who help it provide services, including without limitation those who perform technical, administrative, and data processing tasks such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, and data storage and security. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through the Service.
- Social Media.
Employment Alert discloses Your information and Your use of the Service on social media platforms. Employment Alert also uses Your information as provided through Facebook and/or Twitter API?s in compliance with all applicable laws and the applicable Facebook and/or Twitter privacy policies in place at the time of collection of Your information.
- License to User Content.
- By Law or to Protect Rights.
Employment Alert discloses Personally Identifiable Information when required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order, or when Employment Alert believes in its sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Employment Alert, third parties or the public at large.
- Business Transfers; Bankruptcy.
- Unpaid Accounts.
If You fail to pay any balance owed in consideration of services, Employment Alert may, as permitted by law, report Your Personally Identifiable Information, including without limitation Your unpaid balance, to consumer credit reporting services, collection agencies and others.
- (i) Generally.
4. CONSENT TO RECEIVE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS FROM Employment Alert
- Without limitation, by registering for the Service and/or by providing your name, email, postal or residential address, and/or phone number through the Service, you hereby expressly consent to receive electronic and other communications from Employment Alert, over the short term and periodically, including email and short-message service (?SMS? or ?text message?) communications, regarding the Service, new product offers, promotions, and other matters. You may opt-out of receiving electronic communications at any time by (a) following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each communication; (b) editing your account details and preferences; (c) sending an email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org in response to which message, and notwithstanding its content, Employment Alert reserves the right to send you notices about your account; or (d) to completely opt-out of any contact whatsoever, deactivating your account by sending a detailed email to email@example.com or logging in and clicking the "Cancel Account" button on the ?My Info? Tab.
5. CONSENT TO RECEIVE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS FROM OTHER EMPLOYMENT ALERT USERS
- Without limitation, by registering for the Service and/or by providing your name, email, postal or residential address, and/or phone number through the Service, you hereby consent to receive electronic communications, including email, voice telephone call, and short-message service ("SMS") messages, instant messages, video conferencing, and other personal messages from other users of the Service. To completely opt-out of any contact whatsoever from Employment Alert users, you may deactivate your account by sending a detailed email to firstname.lastname@example.org or logging in and clicking the "Cancel Account" button on the "My Info" Tab.
6. CONSENT TO RECEIVE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT ALERT PARTNER MARKETERS
- Without limitation, by registering for the Service and/or by providing your name, email, postal or residential address, and/or phone number through the Service, you hereby consent to receive, and openly and knowingly solicit, electronic communications, including email, voice telephone call, and SMS communications, from Employment Alert partner firms which may include third party marketing companies, affiliates, advertising agencies, and data aggregation companies regarding their services, including offers, promotions, and other related matters. You may opt-out of receiving electronic communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each communication. Users will be responsible for directly contacting such third parties to request cessation of further marketing contacts.
7. SECURITY OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- Employment Alert takes security seriously. We utilize commercially reasonable safeguards to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of Your Personally Identifiable Information.. However, due to the realities of data security, Employment Alert is unable to guarantee that any information provided to us will not be accessed, hacked, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by unauthorized parties.
8. LOST OR STOLEN INFORMATION
- You must promptly notify us if Your credit, bank, other financial institution information, user name or password is lost, stolen or used without permission. In such and event, we will remove that credit card number, bank account information, other financial institution information, user name or password from Your account and updated our records accordingly.
9. USER ABILITY TO ACCESS, UPDATE, AND CORRECT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
10. INFORMATION HOSTED IN THE UNITED STATES
11. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
12. PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES
14. BUSINESS TRANSITIONS
15. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to our privacy officer as listed below.
16. CALIFORNIA DO-NOT-TRACK DISCLOSURES
Privacy Officer VHMnetwork LLC 270 Greenwich Ave Greenwich, CT 06830 Fax: [212-430-6360] Email: email@example.com